Tax Planning / Inheritance Tax / Capital Gains Tax
Supporting you with more than just tax compliance.
Managing your personal tax affairs can be stressful and time consuming. As well as submitting an accurate and timely tax return, there are a number of ways that you can save money and protect your future through effective tax planning.
To make sure you have a firm understanding of your current tax position and the most advantageous way to plan for the future, it’s important to receive professional advice. Stringer Mallard specialise in the following areas of personal tax, to help you to operate in the most tax efficient way:
- Tax compliance – Preparing and filing your return, as well as advising on tax payments due. This also involves an annual meeting at no charge to review your tax affairs.
- Income Tax and Capital Gains Tax planning –minimising or delaying tax on your income or assets.
- Inheritance Tax and estate planning – making you aware of your current position and helping to reduce your tax liability.
- Executorships and the administration of estates – We can provide advice to ensure that your estate is properly managed after your death and will help to keep tax liabilities to a minimum.
- Trust taxation and accounts – Helping you understand the tax laws surrounding trusts and assisting in the completion of form IHT100.
- International tax – for those with overseas interests, those currently living or looking to move outside the UK, and foreign nationals considering to move to the UK.
- Tax investigations – Our personal tax accountants can provide advice and assistance to those facing tax investigations.
Stringer Mallard offer a wide range of services to individuals. Our clients value the personal touch that we see as essential to our client services. All our work is partner-led which is appreciated by our clients as we are able to demonstrate our expertise and to have continuity and growth of knowledge of your aims and ambitions.
As well as capital gains arising on sales of investments an increasing area where individuals come across capital gains tax is on the sale of second homes. We can advise on the potential liabilities in selling a second home which is not an individuals’ principal private residence. In recent years this has affected more people as many have a second home to let or as a holiday home. We can offer advice about the potential liability and whether timings could make a difference. We can also offer advice on:
- Planning for future tax on deposits to minimise costs
- Retirement Planning
- Business and Investment disposal advice to reduce Capital Gains Tax
- We explore and minimise the cross relationship of the Capital Gain on income situations and also on inheritance tax implications
- We can arrange asset holding restructuring to reduce future tax liability
- In large gain situations we can advise on the implications of using
- We can explain the effect and use of enterprise zones to minimise tax
- Utilisation of E.I.S. to defer Capital Gains Tax and claim back basic rate Tax Relief.
- Maximise use of all losses to be claimed
- Claiming all reliefs available on spouses to minimise tax effect.